Friday, December 21, 2012

scared


A pulling downward
Some kind of force
Bigger than I’m willing
To say
My voice may crack
I cannot be trusted
With the sound
Of my own name
My own gifts
They choke
In a throat
That needs
Water

I am parched
Dry
Unwilling
Scared
Stubborn

So I fight the love
rest in the fear
Run fast
And remain aloof

I dare you to chase me
I dare you to not
There is not easy way
To win
To clear answers
Nothing to do
But let me wander
Back to you
To me

No
Some of us did not die
In the war
Some of us
Escaped
Went into ourselves
Recoiled
And shape shifted to fit
In corners

Our bones bent forever
To fit tight spaces
Some of us fought bravely
Lost limbs in a war our own
Some of us
Just drift downward

We become quack mire
Sinking sand
Some just are scared
Some just are scared

1 comment:

  1. Wow!
    This is amazing. I can follow along the journey and understand how some of us are scared..I'm definitely one of the scared ones..Love ya and keep up the work!!

    ReplyDelete