Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Whole Heart


Half woman
Half gypsy
My heart wonders
Aimlessly over hills
To restless
To settle on one spot
It may find rest
Instead
Im unsteady
Wobbles on unsure legs
I doubt
Will hold the weight
Of which I carry

Weight
That is found around fat
Edges of a heart
That drifts
Picks up
Debris of the wind
And wonders if it is possible
To ever stop
Or be still

Still waiting
Wishing that there would be
Some place I felt
I belong
I am no rebel
My nature
Dictates
That I must leave
Fear of failing
Makes me press on
constantly juggling
The practical
With the free

Free is how I love
While I carry open
Wounds I have yet to
Allow someone to cauterize
I give
Free falling
Equate love with never saying no
Because
No is a word
That has consequence negation
Has a but

But I am just woman
Just gypsy
Whose empty places
Take up a lot of 
Room in still ness
In sameness
In not leaving

Leaving is safe
A place my insolence
My inability
To conform 
Allows 
Leaving is always better
Than being left
Bitter jilted 
Gypsy
Who love left behind who love forgot

Forgot 
How hard it was 
To pry you heart 
Out of someone else's 
Hands as they hold on for 
Dear life
They don't know they are killing you 
Their love is strangling 
Your life 
The more you wrestle 
The tighter they get 
There are pieces that remain 
In their hands 
Permanent ink on palms 
Until we say words 
Like I need a whole heart

Whole 



No comments:

Post a Comment