Tuesday, December 18, 2012

firewall


Firewall

There are some fire walls
Ones built up
With strong materials
Fortified
By time
And tested
By lovers like you

There are some fire walls
Ones that
Come from not having
A mother
Not knowing where you
Belong
If you are just another regret

I said the last time
Was the last time
That.. that time
Was the worse time
I took a vow
Of loving myself first
And build the fire wall

It won’t be penetrated
By persistence
Or good conversation
It won’t be knocked down
By compliments
It’s strong
Tough like
Me

I build a firewall
I’ve taken to many
Hits
To not be careful
I can’t afford
To be careless with my tender
Heart

I built a firewall

And by cover of night
I secretly wish you would
Knock it down 
that you would extinguish 
any trace of resistance
any hint of doubt 
that the firewall 
would become
our love fireproofed 

2 comments:

  1. I am leaving a comment

    ReplyDelete
  2. uummm,,,"that the firewall would become our love fireproofed" wow!! Who wouldn't want a love like that?!

    ReplyDelete