Monday, December 10, 2012

quicksteps


Don't ever be so sure of your steps
Your forget falling
I can't tell you how many times
I've tripped
Over familiar paths
I consider myself sure footed
Able to navigate
Look down occasionally
But for the most part look ahead
Backwards sometimes
To fortify myself
To remember
But often times
It makes me quicken the pace
there is somethings there
i would rather forget
i end up running
fast without any idea
of why
i am going
so full speed ahead into the unknown
i think i like
the challenge
the undoableness
of it all
it beckons me
so i quickstep
in love
into work
into life 
never looking 

down

for landmines
cliffs
that are unexpected
hurdles my legs are
not yet strong enough to jump
how often
i have not been careful
my mother would call me clumsy
half hazard


i just like the rush of rushing
in my youth
my body
my mind
my heart was able to recover faster
from missteps
and mistakes
i am learning in
maturity
to be cautious
still adventurous
still free
still willing
just wise
to the lessons
learned from falling
hard
and not having
anyone to tell me slow down
so im telling you 

Don't ever be so sure of your steps
Your forget falling
I can't tell you how many times
I've tripped
   Over familiar paths

No comments:

Post a Comment