Wednesday, January 30, 2013

stories


I haven’t felt myself
The weight of the work
Carried on shoulders
Not strong enough
To know that it is not me
Who sustains this

I think sometimes
That I must have a
Big ego
Some confidence
An audacity
To dream the world different

But I am just a girl
Who looks though
Pyramids
And sees possibilities
Narrow lens
And see a way

And I carry stories
Ones that threaten
To choke me
If I ever forgot
Their impact
Their magnitude

And this is an ode
For stories
For the people
Who have made it impossible
To forget
And the ones yet to come

And ode to my story
That converges
And meets in the middle

To the students
The women
The folks
Who inspire me
To fight
When Im down to nothing

Thank you
Because
I wouldn’t be myself
Wouldn’t feel myself
If I forgot
If I didn’t remember
 You

The work will be there
I will be there
The stories make it possible
To believe in something different

No comments:

Post a Comment